This year, due to coronavirus pandemic, many businesses were observed to shift their daily operations to work from home and telecommuting methods. Over the years, we have seen a favorable response from various workers in the industry who welcome remote work and telecommuting culture with open arms.
However, this does raise a concern for managers. Especially for those who depended on micro-managing practices to keep a consistent check on their subordinates. However, technology in the present day offers you various tools and software to monitor your remote staff.
According to a recent study by Fundera Inc., even before the coronavirus pandemic hit the USA, more than 5 million US employees were already working from home at least half of the time.
Furthermore, by 2028 it is estimated that nearly 73% of all departments will have remote workers with two-thirds of managers reporting that telecommuting workers are more productive. Moreover, employers who offer part-time telecommuting flexibility are collectively able to save $44 billion every year.
In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the best software out there that can help you to control remote staff.
I would like to start this list with an employee monitoring software that is more like a remote manager’s dream come true. Kickidler is flowing with an overabundance of features that can make monitoring remote staff a pure delight.
However, amongst its various amenities that it has to offer, the automation feature definitely takes the cake.
Apart from offering real-time remote monitoring functions, Kickidler is equipped with the power of automated alerts that can instantaneously make managers vigilant and become aware of important concerns or employee violations.
Perfect for small, medium, and large organizations, some of the best facilities it has to offer include:
- Online Computer Monitoring – Quadrator, an intuitive interface assists in carrying out multiple sessions for an unlimited number of remote workers that can be grouped and assigned specified parameters.
- Employee Time Tracking – a time tracking tool records employees work hours for each business department measuring absenteeism, coffee breaks, tardiness, overtime, leaves, and other distractions.
- Productivity Analysis – showcases how much time employees have invested in their tasks and the time wasted during interruptions and the ability to set individual settings for every employee depending on the nature of their work.
- Screen Recording – device screens and their activity is recorded, allowing you to observe employee actions and interactions at any given time period. This includes applications used, websites visited, and even a keystroke tracker.
- Remote PC Access – in case of emergency or urgency where a remote employee cannot find solutions on their own, remote access is granted to authorized personnel enabling full control of devices regardless of make and model.
Kickidler offers you a dashboard and generates insights in the form of easy to comprehend graphs and tables as well as other visual elements for a friendly interface.
Furthermore, they provide unlimited technical support for users from installation to technical maintenance and follow-ups. It is verily a one-stop solution for managing remote teams and makes its counterparts look pale in comparison.
ActivTrak is a cloud-based user activity monitoring software provider. It offers you various solutions, including:.
- Employee Monitoring – allows you to understand what your team is doing by providing you with a bird’s eye view to optimize the workflow and manage employees efficiently.
- Remote Workforce Management – offers data and insights with context to understand employee behavior in response to workflows, performance management, productivity, and accountability.
- Workforce Productivity Monitoring – providing you with authority and control over how employees utilize their time, create productivity baselines, coach employees, and improve their performance.
- Workforce Analytics for Productivity & Operational Compliance – enabling you to drive engagement, reduce employee turnover, optimize software tool usage, and collaborate amongst teams.
Yet another cloud-based software for employee computer and internet monitoring, Controlio tracks user activities for remote workers in 100% stealth mode. It also offers you the ability to watch what’s happening on your staff screens live or on-demand.
Controlio also gives you access to check on the type of web activities, web searches, and the transfer of data and files. In short, it is a surveillance system specifically designed to optimize productivity and keep a check on your remote workers.
Hubstaff offers a time tracking and productivity monitoring tool. Time tracking allows for managers to understand how much time employees are dedicating towards performing a particular task from start to completion.
Time tracking also enables employees to remain focused and keeps your entire team motivated to meet deadlines and due dates without delays.
Additional features include online timesheets and productivity monitoring. However, it is Geofencing that takes the cake.
This feature utilizes GPS tracking to automatically start and stop time tracking when your team arrives or leaves a job site. Many students who buy dissertation online wish they could have this feature to keep track of their group projects at the academia.
A remote employee monitoring and productivity solution that is cloud-hosted, InterGuard is easy to install and use. It offers you the ability to monitor all connected devices from one interface while providing real-time alerts with a smart flagging system.
It also offers you the ability to protect your business information by monitoring emails sent by workers with integrations available for Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, Hotmail, and LinkedIn InMail, to name a few.
On the other hand, InterGaurd can also help you monitor employee internet usage, file sharing plus related activities, and even monitor time spent on social media websites.
Teramind is a computer monitoring software and considered the best choice for employee monitoring, recovering and preventing loss of data, insider threat detection, and much more. Teramind was founded in 2014 and is currently headquartered at Miami, Florida, United States. They offer you a 7-day free trial for their services to businesses.
There are various tools available that can help managers take control of remote operations and monitor employees while ensuring that productivity never dwindles. Additionally, project management tools and software can help you keep business operations alive and running at full capacity.
While there others that offer you an incredible array of insights for each task and their sub-tasks. I hope this post was helpful in asserting confidence on modern tools that you can use to control remote staff. Cheers and all the best for your future endeavors!
Elaine Vanessa currently works as a Sr. Research Analyst and blog writer at Dissertation Assistance. She is found of pop-culture and loves to binge-watch popular TV series online. During her free time, she also likes to surf the internet for the latest tech news and developments happening across the globe.
Did you like this post? Follow us on social media.