Attention! The instruction can be used only if you are going to transfer the database between computers with the same digit capacity.
Do the following actions to transfer Data Server to another local disk or another computer:
- Disable nns service (Start\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Services).
- Make sure that there are no running postgres.exe processes. If there are any running processes, they must be terminated by the command via command prompt (processes must be checked in task manager).
C:\Program Files\KickidlerNode\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe stop -D C:/Program Files/KickidlerNode/pgsql/data -m fast -w
- Copy data folder, containing the database (data folder is located here by default: C:\Program Files\KickidlerNode\pgsql).
- Delete Server by standard means (using deletion or modification of programs).
- Install Server to new directory or another computer (it is necessary to select the directory in Roman alphabet during the installation).
- Wait 5 minutes after installation, disable nns service and make sure that there are no any running postgres.exe processes.
- Replace data folder in the installed directory with the one you copied in step 3.
- Start nns service.